1. What type of personal information does RugbyRoos collect and hold?
The type of personal information that RugbyRoos may collect and hold may include:
• child’s name;
• parent/guardian’s name and address;
• email address and telephone contact information;
• child’s date of birth;
• school and/or rugby club associations;
• rugby experience level;
• purchase history information including:
• method; and
• details of the courses or other services paid for, and provided by RugbyRoos; and
• password information unique to your account(s) with RugbyRoos.
Should you choose not to provide this personal information to RugbyRoos, it may mean that RugbyRoos cannot provide you with product/services.
2. Why does RugbyRoos collect your personal information?
RugbyRoos collects your personal information in order to:
• process your:
• course enrolment;
• free gift registration; and
• other service(s) as applicable or to respond to your queries;
• administer and manage the products and services provided to you;
• provide you with information about other rugby related products or services;
• contact you regarding the servicing or renewal of your course or purchases; and
• facilitate RugbyRoos’ internal business operations including updating internal databases, conducting consumer satisfaction surveys, fulfilling regulatory and legal requirements and system testing.
RugbyRoos will from time to time use your personal information in order to directly market its products and services to you. In so doing, RugbyRoos may use your residential address details, email address or telephone number(s) to contact you. RugbyRoos will directly market to you as it considers appropriate in its absolute discretion based on its own analysis of the personal information it collects about you. If you object to RugbyRoos directly marketing to you, you can request it to refrain from doing so by notifying the RugbyRoos Privacy Officer in writing, as set out below.
3. How does RugbyRoos collect my personal information?
In order to provide services to you, RugbyRoos may gather personal information from the following sources:
• directly from you;
• registration pads;
• contracted information processing centre(s);
• volunteer workers and contractors with whom you discuss your registration;
• stadiums and function venues at which sporting fixtures and other events are held;
• any other RugbyRoos contractor or service provider to whom you may provide your personal information;
• direct marketing companies where contracted to gather information at rugby or general events;
• RugbyRoos related entities;
• a partner, parent or the person who paid or arranged for your course (as allowed by law); and
• your agent if so nominated with your consent.
4. How does RugbyRoos store and hold personal information?
RugbyRoos may hold information about you in the following formats:
• Within specialised memberships or rugby participant registration computer systems hosted on internal RugbyRoos hard drives, or externally by RugbyRoos contracted agencies for recording of information provided by you either in completed application forms, online or over the phone.
• Data spreadsheets or files kept for the purpose of facilitating communications relating to RugbyRoos’ provision of services to you – including for both internally or externally generated communications, and sales reporting activities.
• Forms as completed by you which are then stored by RugbyRoos.
• Your personal information may also be stored on a cloud-based computing system hosted by a client relationship manager to be chosen by RugbyRoos in its discretion.
5. To whom may RugbyRoos disclose my personal information?
In the provision of RugbyRoos’ services to you, RugbyRoos may be required to disclose personal information to external entities, including:
• RugbyRoos’ agents, contractors and third party service providers that provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of RugbyRoos’ business, such as ticketing contractor(s), information processing contractor(s), printers, document archivists, auditors, accountants and lawyers;
• stadiums or other venues at which RugbyRoos events may be held for the purposes of seat or ticket allocation;
• RugbyRoos’ related entities;
• where the law requires or permits us to do so;
• where RugbyRoos collects your information from someone else (for example, the person who paid or arranged for your course or holiday programme), then RugbyRoos may disclose any of your personal information to that person or entity; and
• your nominated agent with your consent.
RugbyRoos does not share personal information with overseas entities in the normal course of its business, however if at any time information is required to be shared, RugbyRoos will endeavour at all times to ensure such information is not used for any purpose other than that specifically intended and as would be reasonably able to be expected by you.
6. Can I access my information and have it corrected?
In the normal course of RugbyRoos’ business with you, you can contact RugbyRoos by email, in writing, over the phone or in person to check, update or correct information RugbyRoos may already have collected for the purpose of providing services to you. You will be required to answer questions to prove your identity to us prior to, and in order to have such information amended or confirmed to you.
You can request access to your personal information at any time, or ask us to correct this information where you believe it is incorrect or out of date. No fee will be charged for a request to access the information. However, you may be charged the reasonable expenses incurred in providing the information you have requested (such as searching and photocopying costs if so incurred by us) if you require these to be provided to you.
To access your personal information, please contact the RugbyRoos Privacy Officer in writing at:
Sea of Blue Pty Ltd
PO Box 3155
Western Australia 6009
7. What if I am concerned about the handling of my personal information by RugbyRoos?
If you feel that RugbyRoos has not adhered to this policy in the course of its provision of service to you, please contact us, in writing, to let us know what you are concerned about (using the contact details above).